“I like it when somebody gets excited about something.” ― The Catcher in the Rye
I am an enthusiastic person. I get it from my mama.
My little ones demand incredible amounts of attention and I find they easily excite me about all things past, present, and future. There’s something about tiny humans and their capacity to dream big and love freely that enchants and engages me.
My daughters have reawakened the need for excitement in life. Small, big, and unexpected exciting endeavors add joy and meaning to my stories. But in the depths of discovery, I can fully admit that I’m at odds with excitability these days. It seems to me that many people lack a zest for their daily grind. The woes are rampant and the affirmations scarce.
I love watching excitement unfold. It’s a slice of heaven to see someone pinpoint their passion. Moreover, it’s euphoric to see the passion grow and touch and inspire others. There’s something about sharing excitement that adds and grows to an occasion or milestone.
So here are some things that excite me…
- Old people. I legit love older generations. I’m on the hunt to talk to the greatest generation. Give me your old people.
- Mommies. I’m in a stage of life where I’m surrounded by mommies within my circles. This mom life cultivates an energy and sisterhood that can’t be replicated or imitated.
- This Is Us writers and actors. I am experimenting with a course on the subject.
- College. Give me a crowded lecture hall and the chance to talk.
- Fika. DUH. Guys, there’s so much exciting stuff to come.
What’s your spark for excitement lately?